1. What American composer wrote music for many popular films? 2. Name three films for which John Williams wrote the music score. 3. Which romantic Polish composer wrote almost exclusively for the piano?
1. Edgar Varese is known as the "father of ____________ _______". 2. George C. Cohan is known as the "father of the ________________ ___________". 3. Name a patriotic song written by Cohan.
1. The tune "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" is most closely in the style of A. Chopin - Romantic B. Mozart - Classical C. Williams - 20th Century 2. What is the name of a famous Japanese video game composer? 3. Name two video games for which Kondo composed music.
1. Name the style or genre of music for which Philip Glass is recognized. 2. Name two characteristics of minimalism. 3. Which of the following pictures represents the genre of minimalism?
A. B. C.
1. What do you call an instrumental ensemble that plays music written in the same form as a symphony? 2. What is the English translation of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik? 3. When Edgar Varese's Electronic Poem was first performed, it was in a building built for "auditory spatialization", where hundreds of speakers were placed all around the audience for stereo effects. What do we call this type of listening today?
1. The American film composer is John Williams. 2. Williams wrote music for Jaws, Superman, Indiana Jones, Home Alone, Superman, Star Wars 3. Frederic Chopin wrote exclusively for the piano.
1. Edgar Varese is the "father of electronicmusic". 2. George C. Cohan is the "father of the Americanmusical". 3. Patriotic songs by Cohan: "You're a Grand Old Flag", "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy"
1. "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" is in the Classical style of Mozart. 2. The famous Japanese video game composer is Koji Kondo. 3. Kondo composed music for Mario and Zelda games.
1. Philip Glass composes in the style known as minimalism. 2. Characteristics of minimalism are: a. steady beat b. repeated rhythm patterns c. slowly changing harmony (chords) d. repeated phrases or small motifs e. continuous, flowing form without sections 3. PictureC. represents minimalism in art.
1. String quartets play the same form as a symphony. 2. "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" means "A Little Night Music". 3. Auditory spatialization is the same thing as "surround sound systems".
Weiner Elementary School, 313 N. Garfield St., Weiner, AR 72479 870-684-2252(o) 870-684-2684(f) (We are not responsible for any content on any page linked from our page)